Share this Project Management Training
PROJECT MANAGEMENT COURSE AIMSThis Project Management Training will deliver the fundamentals of how to manage successful projects on time, to budget and to the right level of quality. This project management training course provides you with the necessary skills required when planning and managing a project. It goes on to explore how these useful techniques can be applied to the workplace and will allow project managers to become both more confident and equipped for managing a project.
ONLINE PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAININGThe online project management course modules provide learners with knowledge and understanding of core project management techniques before further face-to-face facilitation on your premises. Learners on this Project Management Training Course will discover the following key skills…
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- What is a Project Manager?
- The Triple Constraint
- Identifying Your Stakeholders
- Assessing Needs and Wants
- Setting a SMART Project Goal
- Creating Requirements and Deliverables
- Creating a Statement of Work
- Completing the Project Planning Worksheet
- Creating a Task List
- Estimating Time
- Estimating Resources
- Estimating Costs
- Building the Work Breakdown Structure
- The Gantt Chart
- The Network Diagram
Executing the Project
- Establishing Baselines
- Monitoring Project Progress
- Triple Constraint Reduction Methods
Maintaining and Controlling the Project
- Making the Most of Status Updates
- Managing Change
- Monitoring Risks
- Preparing for Closeout
- Celebrating Successes
- Learning from Project Challenges
IN-HOUSE PROJECT MANAGEMENTDuring our in-house classroom training, your employees will benefit from an expert trainer delivering six hours of engaging face-to-face training, role-plays and activities in how to manage projects. The in-house project management training day will focus your employees on the following aim and outcomes:
- Define projects, project management, and project managers
- Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements, and deliverables
- Create key project documents, including the statement of work, project planning worksheet, and project charter
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Create project planning documents, such as a schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram, and RACI chart
MOBILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT MODELSYou’ll experience the benefits of your new skills in managing projects back in the workplace. So how will you recall your learning when you need it most? Thankfully, we’ve an app for that. Your essential project management models are accessible from your mobile in handy 60-seconds reminders. Delivered in an animated style with professional voice-overs you’re only ever be a mobile or ipad away from ‘bite-sized’ snapshots of your project management training.
- Who Is It For?
- Why This Course?
- SAMPLE: Project Management
- Project Management Handbook
- CPD Certificate
A project is a limited endeavor (meaning it has specific start and finish dates) that is undertaken to meet particular goals and objectives. Projects are different than processes or everyday operations, which are repetitive, permanent, or semi-permanent functional work taken on to produce products or services.
All successful projects share the following characteristics:
- Clear goals
- Defined ownership/responsibility
- Dedicated team
- Defined methodology
- Controlled execution
- Completion evaluated based on original plan
- Linked to business objectives
- Supported by an organization’s management team
What is Project Management
Project management is the combined art and science of planning, organizing, and managing resources to get a particular project done on time, within budget, and with the results that the organization set out to achieve.
There are many types of project management designed for different scenarios and different industries. This workshop will focus on the traditional method, used by the Project Management Institute, which follows five process groups. (See Module Three for more information.)
What is a Project Manager
A project manager is the person responsible and accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives. Key project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT GUIDEAs a delegate on this course you will receive a colour guide including a copy of the presentation and notes to work through and apply your learning as well as cheat sheets and mind maps.
Train in a Day will have a handbook for each delegate professionally printed and bound, and delivered by courier to your location.
Learners find that the project management guide works effectively as both a document of the learning and as an essential reference.
Share this Communication Skills Course
YOUR TRAINERS IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Caleb Storkey facilitates project management training to both private and not-for-profit organisations. Caleb is a high-energy leader and team player who shares his valuable experience in driving change and managing successful projects.
Caleb’s unique experiences in managing teams from 3 – 60 people offer valuable insights that can be shared with your learners. As well as working with individuals and companies as a coach to help them grow, Caleb has a track record of delivering results by facilitating clear thinking and generating real action.
Your team will be enthused by the contribution Caleb delivers in this project management course.